Most banana bread recipes have added sugar, even when you are already getting lots of sugar from the banana. Here is a great recipe to get in some healthy vegetables with a little fruit to make it sweet. A perfect way to sneek a little veggies into your kids or just to satisfies your bread cravings.
Let’s get baking!
Preheat your oven to 350 F. Sift all your salt, flour, baking powder and soda into a large baking bowl. Grate your carrots and zucchini. Add banana, cream and one egg.
If you have kids, depending on their age, sifting and grating can be a great job for them to help with.
Stir everything together. The mixture should be just a bit thicker than a pancake batter. If you find it’s to thick you can add more milk or cream.
Pour the mixture into a small loaf pan lines with baking paper.
Toss in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Once it’s baked, allow it to cool for at least a half an hour before removing from pan.
And there you have it. A loaf of veggie banana bread with zero sugar. Perfect to enjoy anytime.
If you wanted to turn it into a little more of treat you could always add a cream cheese frosting. Yum!!
- 1 large egg
- Half a cup of all-purpose flour
- Half a cup of wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Half a teaspoon of baking soda
- ¾ cup grated carrots
- ¾ cup grated zucchini
- 1 banana
- Half a cup of milk or cream (cream is a lot better)
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- Preheat over to 350 F
- Sift all salt, flour, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl.
- Add in the grated carrots, zucchini and banana, the cream or milk and egg.
- Mix everything together until well combined. The batter should feel a bit thicker than pancake mix.
- You can always adjust the thickness by adding in more cream or milk.
- Line a small loaf pan with baking paper.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until done.
- Cool for at least half an hour before unmolding.